Gorgeous little South Sea Island is one of the treasures of the Mamanuca Islands. Crystal clear waters, coral reefs and thousands of colourful tropical fish surround the tiny island.
A day trip to the South Sea is an easy 30-minute ferry ride from Denarau Marina with South Sea Cruises. Given its proximity to Denarau, guests can really make the most of a full day lazing on the beach, snorkelling, diving and enjoying the great range of activities on offer.
Enjoy a saltwater swimming pool and non-motorised water sports gear free of charge, including kayaking and sailing equipment. Discover an incredible underwater world by snorkelling or swimming or if you’d rather stay dry, jump onboard the semi-submersible coral viewer and explore the reef ecosystem from the comfort of a vessel.
South Sea is a great place to learn to dive. Expert instructors and clear, shallow water ensures your first dive will be an experience to remember forever.
Lunchtime is a highlight on the island. Everyone gathers around rustic tables at the open-air restaurant to watch a traditional Fijian Meke performance and enjoy a delicious buffet lunch with salads, beer, wine and soft drinks, all included in your day cruise package.
South Sea Island cruise options
- Full Day
- Half Day
- Combo Cruise – Enjoy a combination of cruising around the beautiful Mamanuca Islands onboard the South Sea Cruises Resort Connections vessel and 3 hours at South Sea Island.
- Finding Nemo – Perfect for families with small children! If you would like just a short trip out to South Sea Island then this is the cruise for you. Spend a couple of hours on the island and be back in Denarau by lunch.
· Fantastic snorkelling and swimming
· Subsea Adventure semi-submersible coral viewer
· FREE use of non-motorised watersports equipment
· Swimming pool
· Fijian ‘Meke’ performance at lunch-time (except Sundays)
· Massage available (extra cost)
· FREE Nadi/Denarau hotel coach transfers for all cruises
· FREE Coral Coast coach transfers for Combo and Full Day Cruises (departs from Marina at 6pm only)