Rotorua Duck Tours Ltd: Rotorua City & Lakes Tour
This fascinating 90 minute journey of discovery begins in town where Rotorua’s rich history unfolds before you as we tour local landmarks and share stories and legends of the past. Our fully guided sightseeing and informational tours are the easiest and most convenient tours of Rotorua
Rotorua City & Lakes Tour - 90 Minutes
City highlights include:
Lake Rotorua, Mokoia Island, Geothermal Sulphur Point, Government Gardens, The Museum and Blue Baths.
We then venture out to a spectacular lakes area for “Splashdown” entry onto Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) before heading to Lake Okareka, a small lakeside community known for its abundant bird life and million dollar homes, and where the ducks elevation affords magnificent views of Mt Tarawera.
Your homeward leg takes you past Rotorua’s burgeoning Te Whakarewarewa Forest, back to the sulphurous aroma of Rotorua.
You’ll learn about the history of Rotorua, view fabulous scenery and have great fun along the way.
Tour Duration 90-105 minutes
Rotorua City & Lakes Tour (90mins-105mins)
- Departs at regular intervals from 1241 Fenton St
- City part of tour takes in government gardens and geothermal sulphur point
- View Rotorua's historical buildings
- Learn about Maori migration, geothermal history, history of industry.
- View some of New Zealands most spectacular lakes
- View the volcanic Domes of Mount Tarawera
- A fun and informative trip
- Great introduction to Rotorua
- Ride on and amzing WWII Amphibious Landing Craft
Rotorua City & Lakes Tour Schedule Summer: 11.00am, 1.00pm & 3.30pm Winter: 11.00am, 2.15pm
Hours of Operation Daily 8.00am-8.30pm (except Christmas day)
There are no additional costs associated with this trip