Kaitiaki Adventures Rotorua: Kaituna Sledge
Something for everyone on this excursion, beautiful scenery, play holes and awesome rapids to negotiate your way through! You are in charge of your own vessel, propelled by flippers on your feet our guides will encourage and motivate you where necessary, awesome family fun!!
3 hours round trip
- ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED
- Courtesy transfers
- approximately 3hr round trip
- 7 days a week
Minimum age is 13yrs old.
What makes us unique...
- Safety ie; instructions and workshops-we offer a full and comprehensive training for our clients, allowing clients to participate without prior experience.
- We offer the total package - action, adventure, culture, adrenaline and fun-not only are our trips action packed but they touch on local history and focus on giving clients a touch of culture- so each person leaves informed, exhilarated and with a basic understanding of aspects Maori.
- Our theme is 'Peace' - encourage New Zealand as a peaceful destination.
- Our role is Kaitiaki- guardian, custodian and caretaker of the river-We take our role seriously not only as guardian of the river but to encourage an environmental consciousness. We have begun our journey with our environmentally friendly toilet, shower system and water collection from the roof. We feel this will encourage others to do the same.
- Respect Wairua(spirit)-Our Karakia(prayer) is delivered prior to all trips, allowing us to show respect to the people of the river- those who live now and those of years gone by.
Kaitiaki Adventures offer many different experiences. We take great pride in offering a safe, exciting and highly professional water sport experience.
All our guides are specifically trained to offer an unforgettable trip, using their extensive overseas experience to compliment their guiding on the waterways surrounding Rotorua.
Sustainability is hard to achieve in such a transient work environment but we at Kaitiaki adventures pride ourselves on our crew.The environment created is more of a Whanau(family) unit, with guides leaving but returning after the season, refreshed but having attained more knowledge and being more world wise.
Trip Times: 9am, 12pm & 2:30pm