- Pick up at your chosen Rotorua city venue
- Enjoy a pleasant drive through typical New Zealand farmland and forestry.
- Passing the Atiamuri hydroelectric dam, the third of eight hydroelectric power stations on the Waikato River.
- Finally arriving at Lake Ohakuri, formed in 1961 when the Atiamuri dam was built.
- A short ferry trip to the beautiful Orakei Korako Silica Terraces.
- Come and explore a world of gushing geysers, hot springs, bubbling mud pools and some of the largest and most amazing silica terraces in the world.
- Wander through the Hidden Valley and visit the thermal Ruatapu Cave which extends more than 36m down to the 'Waiwhakaata' or 'Pool of Mirrors' hot pool at the bottom.
- We conclude this tour by taking you back to your city accommodation or any other central city venue if you prefer.
OR extend your day with a visit to either Wai-O-Tapu or Waimangu