Goin South: 4 day Melbourne - Great Ocean Road to Kangaroo Island - Adelaide
Goin South Tours is a family-operated tour offering the budget-minded traveller real value for money. . As a small company, we can offer a friendly and personalized service and take you along one of the most famous scenic drives in Australiathe “Great Southern Touring Route.
4 DAY MELBOURNE - GREAT OCEAN ROAD - KANGAROO ISLAND – ADELAIDE
A family-operated tour offering the budget-minded traveller real value for money. Our new four-day Melbourne to Kangaroo Island tour will save you time and money and is the only tour to link the Great Ocean Road and the Grampian directly to Kangaroo Island in one continuous tour.
FOUR DAYS - TWO FAMOUS AUSSIE ICONS - ONE AWESOME TOUR – JOIN US FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE JOURNEY.
Meals as indicated per day. National Park Fees, Pelican Feeding and Birds of Prey display on Kangaroo Island, SeaLink Ferry return.
3 Nights Accommodation. We will organize your accommodation but payable on arrival at each Hostel/Hotel.
• Backpacker Dorm Share; Warrnambool $24 .Naracoorte $22 and YHA Penneshaw or Port Elliot $33.
• Motel private en-suite, 3 Star Single/Twin/Double approx $85 per room or 4 Star Single/Twin/Double $120 per room. Kangaroo Island is dearer with 4 Star accommodation from $170 to $250per room ** Depending on availability.
• Helicopter Flight Magnificent views of the 12 Apostles and surrounding coastline ($75 pp)
• Kangaroo Island Seal Bay Guided Beach Tour $22pp or Seal Board Walk $12pp.
• Penneshaw Penguin Tour $14pp * only available from February to November.
NOTE - Due to passenger numbers on tour and availability of accommodation on Kangaroo Island especially during summer the third night accommodation could either be on Kangaroo Island at Penneshaw YHA "or" Flinders Chase Farm. "or at Port Elliot YHA.
* Once booked onto this tour bookings are made immediately for the KI ferry crossing and this component is non refundable if you choose to cancel or change days.
* Goin South reserves the right to amend the itinerary and cancellation of tours due to unforseen circumstances or weather conditions.
Included in price:
Included : Meals as indicated per day. National Park Fees, Pelican Feeding and Birds of Prey display on Kangaroo Island, SeaLink Ferry return.
What to bring:
Sturdy closed walking shoes, sensible clothing as temperatures can change ,warm and rain proof jackets for winter colder months and hats and sunscreen for summer, swimming gear, towel, toiletries insect repellent and camera for some great scenic shots
Fitness level required:
Tour not suited for children under 6yrs of age as this is a group tour option. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an Adult and it is highly advised to take upgraded family rooms.
Departs Melbourne every Thursday. we recommended that you arrive at your pick up location at least 5 minutes before departure time. If the bus has not picked you up within 10 minutes please phone the free call number. Pick Up Points in Melbourne;
St Kilda - Habitat HQ 6.25am, Base Backpackers 6.30am, Cnr Grey & Jackson 6.35am
City - Victorian Arts Centre 6.50am. Nomads Industry 7.05am, Central YHA in flinders Lane outside Holiday Inn 7.15am. YHA Metro 7.25Please add a description of your product here - include location, departure/finish times & inclusions.
DAY 1 - GREAT OCEAN ROAD
Cruise along the stunning Great Ocean Road one of Australia’s best scenic coastal routes. Wonder at the massive rock formations cut out by the sea and beautiful beaches. Visiting many of the highlights.(D)
• Travel through scenic coastal towns to the Great Ocean Road Monument.
• See the Koalas and feed the native Rosella Parrots
• See The magnificent “12 Apostles”
• Take a Helicopter flight over the 12 Apostles and along this stunning coastline.($75pp)
• See the amazing London Bridge and Lock Ard Gorge
• Visit the Bay of Martyrs.
Overnight Stop Coastal city of Warrnambool. Evening stroll along the beach and sunset over the ocean.
DAY 2 - THE GRAMPIANS MOUNTAINS
The Grampians is Victorians largest National Park and offers a great selection of walks and lookouts with breathtaking views over these magnificent ranges. A choice of walks and lookouts to suit all ages and weather conditions. (B, D)
• Brambuck Aboriginal Cultural Centre
• MacKenzie Falls, one of Victoria's largest and most majestic waterfalls.
• Reeds Lookout with its breathtaking views over theses magnificent ranges.
• The Balconies two sandstone rocks jutting from a cliff face, nicknamed the Jaws of Death.
• Take a hike up one of the majestic mountains for stunning views overlooking the Grampians. Visit
• Australian native wildlife "emus, koalas, kangaroos & echidnas"
Overnight stop in Naracoorte. * Cool down at the end of a hot day with free swimming at local pool * from december to march
DAY 3 – “STH AUSTRALIA” RIVER MURRAY. – VICTOR HARBOR - KANGAROO ISLAND
Departing Naracoorte travel through regional South Australia “Limestone Coast (B)
• Cross the Great Murray River on the Ferry at Wellington . “Pelicans often seen on river”
• Travel through Adelaide Hills towns of Mount Barker, Langorne Creek and Strathalbyn.
• Drop off and pick up from the new YHA Port Elliot Hostel
• Discover Victor Harbor , Granite Island , Horse Drawn Carriage. Whale Centre.
• In winter the Southern Right Whales can be seen only metres from the shore line.
• 45 minute Ferry ride across Backstairs passage to Kangaroo Island’s town “Penneshaw
• Dolphins can sometimes be seen swimming alongside the ferry.
• Penneshaw overnight accommodation. * conditions apply due to availability.
Walk along the beach or go for an evening swim, If at YHA Penneshaw Tammar Wallabies come into the town and the hostel around dusk, and there is a penguin colony located close to the hostel. Penguin night tour available.
DAY 4 – WONDERS OF KANGAROO ISLAND - ADELAIDE
Discover, explore and experience the natural wonders of Kangaroo Island .Kangaroo Island is a true wildlife sanctuary with one third of the Island declared National Park.This tour focuses on many of the main attractions and includes spectacular scenery and wildlife. (B)
• Seal Bay is the home to a colony of Australian Sea Lions where you can either join a park ranger for a guided beach walk amongst the Sea Lions or a self guided accessible boardwalk.
• Birds of Prey Display. See these amazing Birds from Wedge Tailed Eagles, Barn owls, Kookaburra’s and more. Learn about their hunting techniques and their role in the environment.
• Flinders Chase National Park. Visit Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch two of the Islands most popular landmarks. Spectacular rock formations sculptured by weathering and the sea over thousands of years. See the New Zealand Fur Seals as they feed, swim and laze around on the rock platforms below.
At the end of the day we make our way back to Penneshaw for the return crossing to the mainland Cape Jervis with the final destination Adelaide at approx 10pm