Fraser Island Adventure Tours: 1 day Fraser Island Nature Tour
Come and share with us a slice of paradise. They take you into the best areas of this environmentally sensitive region and discover its precious eco-systems, abundant wildlife and natural beauty from this - the Largest Sand Island in the World.
During the day you will touch on and appreciate nature's magnificent paradox. Seemingly endless golden beaches encompass towering hardwood forests, barren heathland, pristine rainforests, huge creeping sandblow deserts, crystal clear freshwater lakes, gurgling blood red streams, prehistoric ferns, mosaic coloured sands.
- Sandy Straits Ferry Crossing
- Seventy five Mile Beach
- Lake McKenzie
- Central Station rainforest Walk
- Elie creek - Largest Freshwater Creek
- Maheno Shipwreck
- BBQ Lunch & Drinks
- All Fees & Ferry
- Dress Casual
- Don't forget swimmers, camera and towel
- Noosa Transit
- Noosa Marina
- Limited Accommodaion Houses
- Rainbow Shell Service Station
- Rainbow T.I.C
Centuries of intriguing history; from the most recent environmental conservation battles of sandmining and logging to the numerous shipwrecking disasters; the most famous being the Stirling Castle in 1836 and the tale of Eliza Fraser ...to human habitation 20,000 years ago by the Batjala Aborigines and the legends of K'gari - the beautiful spirit Princess K'gair or perhaps the shattered Rainbow - Coloured Sands Dreamtime story.
...to the beginnings beyond the ice ages - originating on the tablelands of Northern New South Wales millions of years ago. Nature and her mysterious ways - let your guide unlock a few of the secrets.
Fraser Island is in danger of being loved to death.
As an eco-tourism operator we play an important role in fostering an awareness in the need to preserve its natural beauty
and fragile eco-systems. Regular stops are at picturesque beauty spots. Our commitment of "no compromise for quality" produces a memorable and enjoyable wilderness experience to one of nature's most beautiful and intriguing treasures. Remember this is a 4WD safari and may not be suitable if pregnant or if you have a bad back. Dress comfortably - it's not a fashion parade!
- Depart Noosa Heads for your journey to Rainbow Beach for more pickups and a comfort stop.
- Once departed Rainbow Beach we make the Fraser Island crossing from Inskip Point to Hook Point by vehicle ferry. Keep a watch out for dolphins.
- Northward bound - travel by 4WD along the seemingly endless golden highway of 75 Mile Beach. Awesome.
- Inland sand tracks through heathlands, towering hardwood forests, sub tropical satinays, kauris etc.
- Swim and unwind at crystal clear Lake McKenzie – famous for its turquoise colours & fine dazzling, white silica sands.
- Delicious “Aussie style” sizzling bush barbecue lunch with welcome icy cold drinks (included).
- Central Station – the former forestry camp settlement with the history of logging displays.
- Wanggoolba Creek – pristine rainforest/prehistoric ferns.
- Home to Angiopteris Evecta. Luxuriant canopy of palms & vines.
- Let’s go there’s still plenty to do.
- Eli Creek – swiftly flowing – nature’s paradox. Time for a lazy dip. Refreshing.
- Shipwreck of the SS Maheno – built in Scotland 1904 – a permanent fixture to the Northern Beach since 1935.
- Intriguing Coloured Sands formations featuring 72 colours or hues – part of the World’s largest sand island.
- Our group will plan to be back in Rainbow Beach about 4.30pm and in Noosa 6pm depending the tour routes we have taken for our unforgettable day out.
Departure Time:6.00am Noosa & 7.30am Rainbow Beach
Return Time: 4.30pm Rainbow Beach & approx 6.00pm Noosa