Fraser Explorer Day Tour ex Rainbow Beach
You will see the highlights of World Heritage Fraser Island's amazing variety of landscape... long surf-pounded beaches, luxuriant rainforest, pristine freshwater lakes, vast desert-like sand blow, winding streams, and forest-clad dunes rising to 240 metres, among the highest in the world.
One day guided Fraser Island adventure, courtesy pick-up and drop-off, return ferry transfers, buffet lunch at Eurong Beach Resort, National Park fees and fuel levies.
If one day on the amazing Fraser Island is not enough for you, why not upgrade to a two day tour? Upgrades are available from only $139 per adult with all meals and accommodation included as well as your extra day of sightseeing.
What to bring
Pack a day bag with swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses, essential medication and don’t forget your camera. We do provide water, but a water bottle is always handy.
What you'll see
With local knowledge and an unparalleled passion for Fraser Island, your guide is a real island expert! They will provide you with fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora while you visit and explore some of the most beautiful sites Fraser Island has to offer and all in air-conditioned comfort.
- Central Station - now a tourist stop in the middle of Fraser Island, this historical site used to be a bustling logging station that housed schools and shops.
- Wanggoolba Creek - saunter along the boardwalk to discover ancient King Ferns and look up in wonderment at lush, subtropical rainforest.
- Lake McKenzie – relax on its sandy white beaches or take a dip in its crystal clear blue waters, picture perfect is the best way to describe Fraser’s most photographed lake.
- Seventy-Five Mile Beach - drive down Fraser Island’s own highway and keep an eye out for dingos as well as Air Fraser, taking off and landing right on the beach. You can take this scenic flight as an optional extra and see the island from a birds-eye view.
- Eli Creek - wade or float down this fast moving stream, straight to the Coral Sea or just sit-back and unwind on the sandy banks.
- Maheno Shipwreck – stretch your legs and imagine the grandeur of a bygone passenger liner, washed ashore in 1935 that has been reduced to a magnificent rusting wreck.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – stop to take a picture of these heavenly dunes and hear the Dreamtime story of how these hued sand cliffs where formed.
Your tour departs Fraser Island at approximately 4.00pm on the barge, arriving back in Rainbow Beach between 4.30pm and 5.00pm to drop you off to your accommodation.
Rainbow Beach is a perfect spot for a beach holiday and ideally situated next to the world’s largest sand island, so why not make the most of this exceptional location with a day trip to the world-famous Fraser Island?
Your one day Fraser Island adventure begins with a pick-up from your Rainbow Beach accommodation. A short drive has you arriving at Inskip Point for a 10-15 minute cruise across to Hook Point (southern tip of Fraser Island) and then it’s straight up Fraser’s sandy beach highway to some of the island’s most iconic spots.
Travelling with Infants
For bookings that includes infants (0-4 years old) you must call our Sales & Reservations team on 1800 372 737. All infants must be able to sit upright in a booster seat, passengers must be able to supply their own booster seats.