Fraser Explorer: 2 Day Tour ex Rainbow Beach (FEXR2DT)
Just imagine... swimming in fresh-water lakes, bright as jewels ringed by white sandy beaches, walking through tall ancient rainforest growing in sand, four-wheel driving along a beach flanked by strikingly coloured sand cliffs to find a ship wreck.
Bring your camera and a sense of humour as you explore Fraser Island with an eco-accredited guide who lives and loves the island. Fraser Explorer Tours take the hassle out of seeing the world’s largest sand island by managing tides and traffic - leaving you to enjoy the island’s World Heritage wilderness and colourful history in air-conditioned comfort.
Experience Fraser Island’s shifting sandscapes on a ‘Two-day One-night’ or a ‘Full Day’ tour where Aboriginal names like Wanggoolba and Dundonga roll exotically off the tongue. Once aboard you’ll meet like-minded travellers, visit the top natural attractions – including stunning Lake McKenzie and Wanggoolba Creek and cool off in the island’s fresh-water swimming holes - and all in custom-designed, four-wheel-drive coach comfort.
Whether you’ve travelling solo, in a group or with friends, Fraser Explorer Tours offer a fun and relaxing experience for all types of travellers, with a choice of accommodation styles to suit. All rooms have a private bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities.
Guided 4WD tours depart daily from Hervey Bay and Rainbow Beach. Start in one location and end in the other if you are travelling along the coast. The two-day tour includes accommodation, meals and courtesy transfers. fraserexplorertours.com.au.
Two days of guided Fraser Island adventure, courtesy pick-up and drop-off, return ferry transfers, all meals, accommodation at Eurong Beach Resort, National Park fees and fuel levies.
What you'll see
Your guide takes all the hard work out of navigating tides and terrain. They are Fraser Island experts with local knowledge and an unmatched passion for the island. You'll drive across sand tracks to explore some of the most beautiful, natural spots and listen to fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora in air-conditioned comfort. Keep an eye out for dingos, and migrating humpback whales (July - November).
- Central Station - check-out the interp displays and discover a former logging station that was once the hub of a bustling timber industry.
- Wanggoolba Creek - stroll along the boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns before hiking through Pile Valley’s subtropical rainforest to see the island’s famous Satinay Trees.
- Lake McKenzie - enjoy a revitalising swim in the fresh, crystal blue water and relax on the sandy white beaches of this picture perfect perched dune lake.
- Seventy-Five Mile Beach - tour the sandy highway – the ‘spine of Fraser Island’, running from Hook Point to Great Sandy Cape. During this journey, take an extra opportunity to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island.
- Eli Creek - relax on the sandy banks, wade through the invigorating shallow waters or drift down stream – the fastest flowing creek on the island is sure to revitalise your mind, body and soul.
- Maheno Shipwreck - learn the intriguing history of this once proud passenger liner that was washed ashore in 1935 during an out-of-season cyclone. While you’re at it, take the chance to stretch your legs and take a holiday snap with this rusting wreck.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - one of Fraser’s more magical locations, you will hear the Dreamtime story of how these rainbow coloured cliffs came to be.
- Indian Head - take in the spectacular views and look down from the rocky outcrop for sharks, turtles even migrating humpback whales.
- Champagne Pools – stimulate your senses and take a dip in a natural ocean jacuzzi, a natural rock pool filled by crashing waves.
- Lake Wabby - swim in the emerald-green window lake and explore the only example of a barrage lake found of Fraser Island, after your trek across the shifting sands of the Hammerstone Sandblow.
At the end of the second day, your tour departs Fraser Island at approximately 4.00pm on the barge, arriving back in Rainbow Beach between 4.30pm and 5.00pm to drop you off to your accommodation.
They say that there is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow so that makes Fraser Island the BIGGEST pot of gold at the end of Rainbow Beach. Your two day Fraser Island adventure begins with a pick-up from your Rainbow Beach accommodation. A short drive has you arriving at Inskip Point for a 10-15 minute cruise across to Hook Point (southern tip of Fraser Island) before you make your way up the island.
Travelling with Infants
For bookings that includes infants (0-4 years old) you must call our Sales & Reservations team on 1800 372 737. All infants must be able to sit upright in a booster seat and guests must bring their own booster seat.
What to bring
Pack a day bag with swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses, essential medication and don’t forget your camera. We do provide water, but a water bottle is always handy.
Eurong Beach Resort offers quad, triple, twin and single motel rooms or two bedroom apartments. Each room has a private ensuite, kitchenette, TV and private deck. The resort offers many facilities for guest use however, at the end of the day the best place to unwind is at the Beach Bar, otherwise you can go for a stroll and watch a magical sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
If you’re taking some snaps of Fraser, don’t forget to upload them to Instagram and Facebook as well as #FraserIsland and #EurongBeach.