Fraser Dingo 4wd Hire: 3 Day Self-Drive
Best Value 4wd Hire, Ex Hervey Bay the Gateway to Fraser Island - priced for maximum 5 people. See the absolute best of Fraser Island with the freedom of a private automatic 4wd, in immaculate condition with a group of friends or family.
This is a 3 day 2 night self-drive 4wd experience to Fraser Island.
- We take the time to customise an itinerary for each individual 4wd hire so it coincides with the low tides, where our 4wd's can drive along the famous 75mile beach to see; the Maheno shipwreck and the coloured sands, stopping at the very popular Eli Creek.
- This 3 day getaway allows our 4wd's to travel as far as Indian Head / Champagne Pools on the second day, weather and tides permitting.
- However thats not all, seeing the awesome emerald Lake Wabby is a must!
- With a well planned itinerary we make sure our 4wd's get to spend plenty of time to enjoy Lake McKenzie and still get to the 3 or 5 pm barge on the 3rd hire day.
- All our 4wd's are individually coloured and named so our customers get to have their own personal photo opportunity for Instagram, Facebook, trip advisor, travel blogs etc
- All our 4wd's are well maintained automatic Jeep's, seating a max 5 people, guaranteed to take our customers safely to Fraser and back!
*We book all barges and permits for our customers
*We offer great value camp packages as additional options to complete this fun filled 4wd group getaway to Fraser Island.
*We can also organise beach cabin accommodation.
3 day - 2 night possible 4wd hire itinerary:
- Central Station (rainforest creek walk/swim)
- Basin Lake (short walk)
- Lake McKenzie (swim)
- Eurong Beach (eastern beach access point; shops and takeaway)
- Lake Wabby (sand dune walk)
- Eli Creek (fresh water swim)
- Maheno Shipwreck (photo opportunity)
- Pinnacles (coloured sands)
- Dundubbara (good camping and sand dune walk)
- Indian Head (most northern point)
- Champagne Pools (natural sea pools)
*All itineraries may vary depending on the weather and tide times.
We do not offer accommodation pickup for 4wd hire. Drivers must attend a 4wd safety briefing at 4pm the day prior to departure, DO NOT BE LATE - $50 fee will be charged up to 5pm, if late past that time your barge will be reschedued (SUBJECT TO AVALIBILITY) and you will do an 8am briefing the morning of departure. Barge departs from River Heads to Fraser Island at popular times of 8:30am, 9 am and 10:15am. Barges return from Fraser Island at the popular times of 3pm and 5pm. We are located only 15 mins to River Heads barge. We hire 4wd vehicles to Fraser Island 364 days of the year depending on 4wd and barge availability during peak seasons. Vehicles must be returned in hired condition; cleaned and refuelled.
Pre-auth vehicle BOND of $1000, reduction excess of $2000 on signing of 4wd hire contract.
Vehicle access permit $45.10 - payable to supplier
- 4wd's are provided with a full tank of fuel, must be returmed with a full tank of fuel.
- Vehicles must be taken to the car wash for an underbody wash and be returned in clean condition, approx $10