Glow-worms galore as you explore the canyon by night – headlamps mounted on your helmets as you descend into the canyon
FULL DAY TRIP
A sub-tropical rainforest of the West Coast Waitakere Ranges, only 40 minutes from Auckland Central (transport provided). Abseiling down showering waterfalls surrounded by moss and fern covered volcanic rock walls, swimming through pools of blues and greens, jumps, caves, and slides as you explore the canyon! All obstacles are optional, no experience needed. Learn about the local history and Maori culture.
Includes transport from central Auckland, refreshments / chocolate, full equipment, a visit to black sand Piha Surf Beach and a beautiful rainforest walk.
Minimum Pax: 4 persons
• Only 20 minutes walk in, 5 minutes walk out – makes this trip perfect, who wants to spend all day bush walking in wetsuits!
• Full changing room and toilet facilities
• Safe storage and lockup for valuable and gear while you are canyoning
• Local amenities available – general store, camping ground, B&B’s, surf board rentals and art gallery
• Surf patrol regularly patrolling beach
• Lion Rock look out for a great walk and photo point
Departs: Early evening (to suit clients and light conditions)
Returns: 5.5hrs later